GIVE YOUR BEST AND CONSERVE YOUR ENERGY
Targeted Clientele: family caregivers who care for someone with a disability or illness
Average Time: two hours
- How long can a person alone care for a family member?
- How to care for someone without taking on their frustrations and depression?
- Would you like to do more for the well-being of your loved one?
- How to manage your exasperation and frustrating emotions?
What are the first signs of diminishing energy?
- Do you know the best ways to regain your balance?
- Do you know how to replenish your energy?
To care for someone you love, is to want for the other more than is possible
- Recognize the symptoms of physical and mental exhaustion
- Accept the limits of your role
- Show empathy without absorbing the other’s emotions
- Free yourself from accumulated emotions
- Differentiate between guilt and the exaggerated responsibilities of the saviour mentality
- Accept the impossibility of satisfying the demands of all family members
- Give yourself respite periods without feeling guilty
- Dare to express your limits and needs