Target audiance: People interested in improving their communications at work
Optimal duration: two days
Communication is at the heart of successful interpersonal relationships. However, we often don’t realize the impact our communication has on others; a misinterpretation of our words can create misunderstandings and tension within our work teams.
To master the communication process we must be aware of our own approach to communication, but above all we must be aware of the other person’s state of being at the time of the communication.
During this workshop, the participants will
- be able to try out the various ways of presenting of a message and their impact on others.
- leave with a plan for conducting a persuasive conversation applicable in their work environment
- practise responding with a «positive no»
- learn how to manage the communication when faced with others’ criticisms
For each technique taught, discussions will revolve around case studies and practice exercises. The goal is to establish techniques and points of reference that enable the development of communication reflexes, which in turn, allow for your message to be expressed in a clear, concise and professional manner.
1. The communication – an issue between two realities
2. Adapting our style of communication to meet our needs and the needs of others
3. Listening to better communicate: barriers, skills and practice
4. Establishing a trusting relationship with the other person and managing the interaction
5. Creating an effective message: structure, composition and choice of words
6. Preparing a persuasive message and increasing the chances of success
7. Managing objections in order to move the discussion forward
8. Knowing how to say « no » in a positive and affirmative way
9. Taking criticism gracefully and withdrawing
10. Giving feedback with fairness and consideration
A two-day participative workshop composed of exercises and case studies.
This workshop is also offered as a one-day mini-workshop.